Do you devise how to put furniture?
In the Great Hanshin-Awaji Earthquake and the Niigata-Nakaetsu Earthquake, many people died or were seriously injured under furniture that had fallen. In the event of a major earthquake, it is necessary to prevent furniture from falling, considering that furniture must fall. Companies including emergency water damage restoration corona ca are here to help if you need damage restoration services after the disaster.
- Secure the furniture to the wall so that it does not fall over.
- Try not to put furniture in the bedroom or children’s room as much as possible.
- Furniture should be as short as possible, and the direction and arrangement of the furniture should be devised so as not to block the doorway when it falls.
- Have flashlights, slippers, and whistles within reach
Stock foods and drinks
Stockpile preserved food and drinking water in case the lifeline of electricity, gas, water, etc. stops. Instead of prepared special things for disaster prevention, try to prepare food used in everyday life as much as possible.
Examples of stockpiles of food, beverages, daily necessities, etc. (let’s prepare for each person)
- Drinking water for 3 days (3 liters per person per day)
- Emergency food As food for 3 days, rice (alpha rice, etc.), biscuits, plate chocolate, dry bread, etc.
- Toilet paper, tissue paper match, candle cassette stove, etc.
Prepare an emergency bag
When your home is damaged, you will be evacuated to a safe place and live as an evacuation. Pack what you need to take out in an emergency in your rucksack in advance so that you can take it out at any time.
Example of contents of emergency carry-out bag (let’s prepare for each person)
- Drinking water, food (cup noodles, canned food, biscuits, chocolate, etc.)
- Valuables (passbook, seal, cash, health insurance card, etc.)
- Emergency supplies (bandages, disinfectants, medicines, etc.)
- Helmet, disaster prevention riding water, mask, military hand
- Flashlights, portable radios, spare batteries, mobile phone chargers
- Clothing, underwear, blankets, towels
- Toiletries, wet tissues, portable toilets *For families with infants, prepare milk, disposable diapers, and breastfeeding bottles.
Check evacuation sites and evacuation routes
In order to evacuate in the event of a disaster, get disaster prevention maps and hazard maps from your local government’s website and the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism Hazard Map Portal Site, and check the evacuation site and evacuation route in advance in your place. Safe evacuation sites vary depending on the type of disaster, such as heavy rains, tsunamis, and volcanic eruptions.
Confirm the safety of your family members
In order to confirm each other’s safety even in the event of a disaster when you are in a different location, let’s discuss in advance how to confirm the safety and the meeting place. In the event of a disaster, mobile phone lines may be difficult to connect and may not be able to be contacted. In that case, let’s use the following services. You can call the emergency hotlines in your local community, you can record a message, and family members who know your phone number can play the message.